All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionWhen most people think of TV news, it's of network stars commanding millions of dollars and watched by millions of people. But more people watch their local stations than the network news, and most journalists work in local news. So what is it actually like? Is it glamorous, fun, lucrative? Or t so much? Even Worse Than We Had Hoped provides the answers. Part memoir, part examination of the TV business, this book pulls back the curtain on local news while recounting a funny and fascinating personal journey. Paul Spelman started out as a one-man band TV reporter in a small town and ended up in Washington, D.C. Even Worse Than We Had Hoped isn't about life at the top of the media food chain; it's about working your way toward it, and what it's really like chasing a dream in the TV trenches.
- Author BiographyFrom 1991-2004, Paul Spelman worked as a reporter in Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington, D.C. His stories have appeared on more than 40 TV stations around the country, including WPIX-New York, WCVB-Boston, KTLA-Los Angeles, and WGN-Chicago. He also reported for the cable channel Tech TV, worked as a newspaper and radio reporter, and contributed to various other publications. He now lives in Silver Spring, Maryland, with his wife Erin, their sons Billy and Jeremy, and their sleepy cats Jacob and Marvin.
- Author(s)Paul B Spelman
- PublisherMeshomac Publishing
- Date of Publication13/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeshomac Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.