All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThought you couldn't learn statistics? You can - and you will! Even You Can Learn Statistics and Analytics, Third Edition is the practical, up-to-date introduction to statistics - for everyone! Now fully updated for big data analytics and the newest applications, it'll teach you all the statistical techniques you'll need for finance, marketing, quality, science, social science, and more - one easy step at a time. Simple jargon-free explanations help you understand every technique, and extensive practical examples and worked problems give you all the hands-on practice you'll need. This edition contains more practical examples than ever - all updated for the newest versions of Microsoft Excel. You'll find downloadable practice files, templates, data sets, and sample models - including complete solutions you can put right to work! Learn how to do all this, and more: * Apply statistical techniques to analyze huge data sets and transform them into valuable kwledge * Construct and interpret statistical charts and tables with Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc 3 * Work with mean, median, mode, standard deviation, Z scores, skewness, and other descriptive statistics * Use probability and probability distributions * Work with sampling distributions and confidence intervals * Test hypotheses with Z, t, chi-square, ANOVA, and other techniques * Perform powerful regression analysis and modeling * Use multiple regression to develop models that contain several independent variables * Master specific statistical techniques for quality and Six Sigma programs Hate math? No sweat. You'll be amazed at how little you need. Like math? Optional Equation Blackboard sections reveal the mathematical foundations of statistics right before your eyes. If you need to understand, evaluate, or use statistics in business, academia, or anywhere else, this is the book you've been searching for!
- Author BiographyDavid M. Levine is Professor Emeritus of Statistics and Computer Information Systems at Baruch College-CUNY. He received B.B.A. and M.B.A. degrees in Statistics from City College of New York and a Ph.D. degree from New York University in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research. He is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in business statistics education and is the coauthor of such best-selling statistics textbooks as Statistics for Managers Using Microsoft Excel, Basic Business Statistics: Concepts and Applications, Business Statistics: A First Course, and Applied Statistics for Engineers and Scientists Using Microsoft Excel and Minitab. He also is the author of Statistics for Six Sigma Green Belts and Champions, published by Financial Times-Prentice-Hall. He is coauthor of Six Sigma for Green Belts and Champions and Design for Six Sigma for Green Belts and Champions also published by Financial Times-Prentice-Hall, and Quality Management Third Ed., McGraw-Hill-Irwin. He is also the author of Video Review of Statistics and Video Review of Probability, both published by Video Aided Instruction. He has published articles in various journals including Psychometrika, The American Statistician, Communications in Statistics, Multivariate Behavioral Research, Journal of Systems Management, Quality Progress, and The American Anthropologist and has given numerous talks at American Statistical Association, Decision Sciences Institute, and Making Statistics More Effective in Schools of Business conferences. While at Baruch College, Dr. Levine received numerous awards for outstanding teaching. David F. Stephan is an independent instructional technologist. During his more than 20 years teaching at Baruch College-CUNY, he pioneered the use of computer-equipped classrooms and interdisciplinary multimedia tools, was an associate director of a U.S. Department of Education FIPSE project that applied interactive media to support instruction and devised techniques for teaching computer applications in a business context. A frequent participant in the Decision Sciences Institute's Making Statistics for More Effective in School of Business mini-conferences, he is also a coauthor of Business Statistics: A First Course and Statistics for Managers Using Microsoft Excel. He is also the developer of PHStat, the statistics add-in for Microsoft Excel distributed by Pearson Education.
- Author(s)David F. Stephan,David M. Levine
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/12/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson FT Press
- Weight606 g
- Width179 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.