All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt Ted's instigation, the old gang gather once more at the almost legendary club The Talk House. Ten years on and presided over still by the kindly Nellie, there's the same genteel atmosphere, familiar drinks, unchanging special snacks. But the era of Walter Barclay is long gone. A playwright, a composer, an actress. The possibility of a pleasant night. Evening at The Talk House by Wallace Shawn premiered at the National Theatre, London, in November 2015.
- Author BiographyWallace Shawn's first play to be produced in New York was Our Late Night, directed by Andre Gregory at The Public Theater in 1975. A Thought in Three Parts was staged two years later by the Joint Stock Theatre Group in London, directed by Max Stafford-Clark. Shawn's next three plays - Marie and Bruce, Aunt Dan & Lemon, and The Fever - were all performed in New York at the Public Theater and in London at the Royal Court. Aunt Dan and Lemon was revived in London in 1999 at the Almeida Theatre, directed by Tom Cairns. Shawn's next play, The Designated Mourner, premiered at the National Theatre, London, with Mike Nichols, Miranda Richardson, and David de Keyser under the direction of David Hare, and was then performed in New York by Wallace Shawn, Deborah Eisenberg, and Larry Pine under the direction of Andre Gregory. In 2009, the Royal Court held a Wallace Shawn season, reviving Aunt Dan and Lemon and The Fever, and staging the premiere of Grasses of a Thousand Colours. Shawn wrote the libretto for Allen Shawn's opera The Music Teacher, directed by Tom Cairns for The New Group in New York (2006). Shawn translated Brecht's The Threepenny Opera (performed in New York at the Roundabout, Studio 54, directed by Scott Elliott). Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory wrote and performed in the film My Dinner with Andre and Andre Gregory directed Shawn in Vanya on 42nd Street. Shawn has appeared as an actor in many films, including Manhattan, Clueless, Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills,The Moderns, and The Wife. Shawn's Essays was published by Haymarket Books in 2009.
- Author(s)Wallace Shawn
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight78 g
- Width127 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.