All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionNow in a fully revised and updated second edition, Event Management in Sport, Recreation and Tourism provides a comprehensive theoretical and practical framework for planning and managing events. Focusing on the role of the event manager and their diverse responsibilities through each phase of the event planning process, this is still the only textbook to define the concept of kwledge in the context of events management, placing it at the centre of professional practice. The book is designed to encourage critical thinking on the part of the student, to develop the skills that they will need to become effective, and reflective, practitioners in the events industry, and every chapter contains a rich array of real world case studies, data and practical examples from sport, recreation and tourism contexts. This second edition has been significantly strengthened with the inclusion of two completely new chapters on environmental sustainability and on the politics of events management. It is essential reading for any student or practitioner working in events management, sport management, leisure management, outdoor recreation or tourism.
- Author BiographyCheryl Mallen: Associate Professor in the Department of Sport Management at Brock University, Canada. Her research involves knowledge and environmental sustainability. She is well published with articles in the Journal of Sport Management, Sport Management Review and the European Sport Management Quarterly. Lorne Adams: Associate Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at Brock University, Canada. He is the recipient of four teaching awards including the 3M Teaching Fellowship. He has been a coach and served as Athletic Director for ten years.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2012
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date17/01/2017
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight402 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCheryl Mallen,Lorne J. Adams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.