All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionUrban school superintendents face unprecedented challenges. They must ensure that all students achieve a high level of performance despite a lack of resources, the intractable problems of race and poverty, a chaotic governance structure, and the often conflicting demands of teachers, parents, unions, and the community. This important book, edited by the co-directors of the prestigious Harvard Urban Superintendents Program (USP), explores the ways in which superintendents can make a difference in the lives of each child, every day, by being kwledgeable about and driven by what happens in the classroom. The editors and distinguished contributors cover a wide range of vital topics that superintendents face from the day they are hired to the day they retire, such as how superintendents can most effectively communicate their vision, plan strategically, institute instructional reform, engage the community, and allocate resources. The book is filled with illustrative examples of well-kwn superintendents who are trailblazing new means to achieve educational fairness for all children and are changing the landscape of urban school systems today. In addition, Every Child, Every Classroom, Every Day highlights the Urban Superintendents Program's Leadership Framework, which is designed to aid administrators and educators in decision making and achieving equity. An ancillary CD containing teaching tes and exhibits is also included (in the print edition only) as an aid to teachers who wish to scaffold material discussed in the text. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file. These materials will be made available for download upon purchase of the digital edition Co-published with Education Week and the American Association of School Administrators.
- Author BiographyRobert S. Peterkin, EdD, and Deborah Jewell-Sherman, EdD, are co-directors of the Harvard Urban Superintendents Program (USP). Laura Kelley and Leslie Boozer are both aspiring superintendents and doctoral candidates studying educational leadership in USP at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Established in 1990, the Harvard USP is recognized as the nation's premier program for preparing individuals to lead urban school districts.
- Author(s)Deborah Jewell-Sherman,Laura Kelley,Leslie Boozer,Robert Peterkin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight550 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.