Every Day Is Election Day: A Woman's Guide to Winning Any Office, from the PTA to the White House by Rebecca Sive (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.97Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Day Is Election Day is a practical, inspirational guide for women who want to achieve political leadership and influence public policy. In her -nsense, woman-to-woman style, public affairs strategist and consultant Rebecca Sive offers insider advice for women s daily lives as advocates, candidates, and powerbrokers. This accessible primer explains how to surmount public barriers, conquer private fears, and run a campaign with humor, confidence, and apologies. Sive provides tips for realizing the power of sisterhood, bankrolling oneself, creating an inimitable brand, and getting men to accept a take-charge personality. She also shares the secrets of success, and frank suggestions from women who have led, run, and won, including US senators Mary Landrieu and Debbie Stabew; Planned Parenthood Federation of America president Cecile Richards; Cook County, Illiis, board president Toni Preckwinkle; feminist activist Shelby Kx; and many others. Whether you want to become more actively involved in the issues you care about, or you re considering a run for a PTA position, board president, US senator or beyond, Every Day Is Election Day will inspire you to stand up, stand out, and treat each day as part of a winning campaign.
- Author BiographyAuthor of Every Day Is Election Day: A Woman's Guide to Winning Any Office, from the PTA to the White House and University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy Lecturer, Rebecca Sive, (www.rebeccasive.com), writes and speaks on American women's pursuit of public leadership and political power. A founding member of the Illinois Human Rights Commission, Sive has been a leader of many public-interest organizations; an adviser to other women leaders, including some featured in Every Day Is Election Day; and among organizers of women's issues agendas for presidents Clinton and Obama. Anna Eleanor Roosevelt is a granddaughter of President Franklin (FDR) and Eleanor Roosevelt and chairs the Roosevelt Institute, a nonprofit organization carrying forward the legacy and values of her grandparents
- Author(s)Rebecca Sive
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byAnna Eleanor Roosevelt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.