All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new memoir Frances Mayes offers her readers ather deeply personal account of her present-day life in Tuscany, encompassing both the changes she has experienced since her previous memoirs appeared, and sensuous, evocative reflections on the timeless, unchanging beauty and simple pleasures of Italian life. Among the themes Mayes examines are how her life in the mountains introduced her to a 'wilder' side of Tuscany and with it a new scale of engagement among Tuscany's mountain people. Throughout she thoughtfully muses on the many concerete joys of building an Italian life: Tuscan icons that connect with her life and have become for her storehouses of memory; crucible moments from which bigger ideas have emerged; how a significant part of her adjustment to Italian metabolism has awakened her to the possibilities in spontaneity and trust in instinct; and reflections on the writing life she has enjoyed in the room where Under the Tuscan Sun began and on the wider view she's gained since then.
- Author BiographyFrances Mayes is the author of Under the Tuscan Sun, Bella Tuscany, illustrated books In Tuscany and Bringing Tuscany Home, the novel, Swan, six books of poetry, and The Discovery of Poetry.
- Author(s)Frances Mayes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- Weight221 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.