All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom cooking to medicine, from engineering to art, chemistry-the science of molecules-is everywhere. A celebration of the molecules of chemistry, Every Molecule Tells a Story celebrates the molecules responsible for the experiences of everyday life: the air we breathe; the water we drink; the chemicals that fuel our living; the steroids that give us sex; the colours of the seasons; the drugs that heal us; and the scented molecules that enrich our diet and our encounters with each other. You can't see them, but you kw that they are there. Unveiling the structures of poisous natural substances and beneficial man-made molecules, this book brushes away any preconceived tions about chemistry to demonstrate why and how molecules matter.
- Author BiographySimon Cotton obtained his B.Sc. and PhD at Imperial College London, followed by research and teaching appointments at Queen Mary College, London, and the University of East Anglia. He subsequently taught chemistry in both state and independent schools for over 30 years, has lectured widely in the UK and carries out research on the chemistry of iron, cobalt, scandium, and the lanthanide elements.
- Author(s)Simon Cotton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note369 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.