All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionSix Women. A mysterious invitation. Their lives will be changed forever if they accept. Why have these women been chosen to stay in a Scottish Castle? Will it become a holiday of a lifetime, or four weeks fraught with problems for which the women struggle to find answers? The book deals with family relationships. Put together Angus McPhail, the Laird of Dunnbray; six women, of all ages and different backgrounds; an estate manager and a housekeeper, and you have an explosive mix. There are so many questions. Why are the gates kept locked? Why is there access to one half of the castle? Susan, the main character is determined to find the answers. A twist at the end forces a revelation, but there is still one intriguing question waiting to be answered. Every Why has a Wherefore!
- Author BiographyShirley Ford was a director of an import/export company, but at the age of fifty-five, decided she wanted a more fulfilled working life. She began a rewarding career as a carer for the elderly in their own homes. This meant much less income but job satisfaction. Whilst working, she trained as a Reflexologist, eventually giving up care work and establishing a mobile reflexology business. She has spent a lifetime moving around England and Wales, but has now retired and lives in Dorset with her husband and little rescue dog called Bailey, where she enjoys long walks on the beach, reading and of course writing. She has attended various writing courses and workshops. Her first novel - Every Why - is now available as a Kindle book and also in paperback version. The sequel Be Mindful is also now available as an ebook. Shirley Ford runs a writing group in her local village called the Jurassic Coast Writers. She belongs to a local book club, and a country dancing group, but one of her passions is Tai Chi, she regularly attends classes and recently took part in World Tai Chi Day in Exeter in Devon. She has also written a book of poetry entitled 'Heartfelt'. In this book you will find everything from heartache, despair, and hope, through to joy and humour. The poetry is simple, written from the heart and rhymes! Which is considered rather old fashioned these days. But there is room for all sorts.
- Author(s)Shirley Ford
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.