All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- Description<b>A <i>New York Times </i>2016 Notable Book An immediate national best seller and instant classic from the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of <i>Empire Falls</i>.Richard Russo returns to North Bath a town where dishonesty abounds, everyone misapprehends everyone else and half the citizens are half-crazy (<i>The New York Times</i>) and the characters who made <i>Nobody s Fool</i> a beloved choice of book clubs everywhere.<i>Everybody s Fool </i>is classic Russo, filled with humor, heart, hard times, and people you can t help but love, possibly because their various faults make them so human.</b><i>Everybody s Fool</i> picks up roughly a decade since we were last with Miss Beryl and Sully on New Year's Eve 1984. The irresistible Sully, who in the intervening years has come by some unexpected good fortune, is staring down a VA cardiologist s estimate that he has only a year or two left, and it s hard work trying to keep this news from the most important people in his life: Ruth, the married woman he carried on with for years . . . the ultra-hapless Rub Squeers, who worries that he and Sully aren t<i>still</i>best friends . . . Sully s son and grandson, for whom he was mostly an absentee figure (and w a regretful one). We also enjoy the company of Doug Raymer, the chief of police who s obsessing primarily over the identity of the man his wife might ve been about to run off with, <i>before</i>dying in a freak accident . . . Bath s mayor, the former academic Gus Moynihan, whose wife problems are, if anything, even more pressing . . . and then there s Carl Roebuck, whose lifelong run of failing upward might w come to ruin. And finally, there s Charice Bond a light at the end of the tunnel that is Chief Raymer s office as well as her brother, Jerome, who might well be the train barreling into the station. A crowning achievement like hopping on the last empty barstool surrounded by old friends (<i>Entertainment Weekly</i>) from one of the greatest storytellers of our time.
- Author Biography<b>RICHARD RUSSO</b>is the author of seven previous novels; two collections of stories; and<i> Elsewhere, </i>a memoir. In 2002 he received the Pulitzer Prize for <i>Empire Falls, </i> which like <i>Nobody s Fool </i>was adapted to film, in a multiple-award-winning HBO miniseries.
- Author(s)Richard Russo
- PublisherRandom House Large Print Publishing
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Large Print Publishing
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.