All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionEveryday Audiology, Second Edition is an invaluable guide for clinicians involved in the care of patients with hearing impairment or balance disorders. Originally written for ENT residents, it has also become a useful resource for other health care professionals including otolaryngologists, family medicine physicians, pediatricians, medical students, audiologists, audiology students, teachers of the hearing impaired, hearing instrument specialists, speech-language pathologists who work with hearing- impaired children, and even physical therapists who provide rehabilitation to patients with balance disorders. The book contains clinically relevant rms and values that are extremely useful for clinical interpretation. Drawn from lectures given to otolaryngology-head and neck surgery residents and case reports conducted by clinical audiologists at West Virginia University School of Medicine, the book is designed for easy consumption of essential information. Key concepts are presented on left-hand pages and supporting and tabular material on the right.The book is divided into four parts: Part I: Evaluation of Hearing Disorders Part II: Evaluation of Balance Disorders PartIII: Rehabilitation of Hearing Disorders Part IV: Otologic/Audiologic Differential Diagsis (new to this edition) Frequently used audiology termilogy and significant clinical criteria are printed in bold. The Current Procedural Termilogy (CPT) code, if available, is listed under each test procedure. In Part IV, the diagstic code, commonly kwn as International Classification of Diseases 9th Revision Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM), is also provided under each case as a reference.
- Author BiographyKazunari J. Koike, Ph.D., is Director of Audiology and Professor of Otolaryngology at West Virginia University School of Medicine for the past 17 years. He was born in Tokyo, Japan and earned a Bachelor's degree in Linguistics at Sophia University in Tokyo as well as Master's and Ph.D. degrees in Audiology at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. He is a Fellow of American Academy of Audiology (FAAA) and holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A). Dr. Koike evaluates patients in a tertiary care ENT clinic on a daily basis, and his expertise encompasses all areas of diagnostic and rehabilitative audiology.
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKazunari J. Koike
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.