All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionRock climbing is one of today's most popular 'extreme sports.' Although many women are involved, the sport retains a particularly male image and culture. Everyday Masculinities and Extreme Sport presents the first in-depth study of rock climbing in the UK, analysing what it reveals about the contemporary construction and performance of masculinity through sport.One of the key concerns of the book is the relationship between everyday masculinity and the pursuit of the extraordinary through sport. Drawing on insights from sociology and gender studies, the book challenges traditional approaches to the analysis of sport.
- Author BiographyVictoria Robinson is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Sheffield. She has held posts at the Universities of Manchester and Newcastle. Her other books include Mundane Heterosexualities: From Theory to Practices, with J. Hockey and A. Meah, (Palgrave, 2007) and she has co-edited, with D. Richardson the third edition of the best selling text book Introducing Gender and Women's Studies, (Palgrave, 2008).
- Author(s)Victoria Robinson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.