All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpecial Hardcover Library EditionThe Everyday Sexism Project was founded by writer and activist Laura Bates in April 2012. It began life as a website where people could share their experiences of daily, rmalized sexism, from street harassment to workplace discrimination to sexual assault and rape. The Project became a viral sensation, attracting international press attention from The New York Times to French Glamour, Grazia South Africa, to the Times of India and support from celebrities such as Rose McGowan, Amanda Palmer, Mara Wilson, Ashley Judd, James Corden, Simon Pegg, and many others. The project has w collected over 100,000 testimonies from people around the world and launched new branches in 25 countries worldwide. The project has been credited with helping to spark a new wave of feminism.
- Author BiographyLAURA BATES has become something of a spokeswoman for an increasingly hot phenomenon: the fourth wave of feminism. She writes regularly for the Guardian, the Independent, the New Statesman, and Time Magazine. Laura has given TEDx talks, spoken to universities, including Harvard, and even to the House of Lords. She is also contributor at Women Under Siege, a New-York based organisation working to combat the use of sexual violence as a tool of war in conflict zones worldwide. She is the founder of the Everyday Sexism Project.
- Author(s)Laura Bates
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Weight499 g
- Width132 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.