All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionMatthew Martin hates being the youngest kid in sixth grade, but he's convinced things will get better after his eleventh birthday party--if only he could make up with his best friend and stop a group of picketing sixth-grade girls from ruining his party and his life.
- Author BiographyBorn in Washington, D.C., and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Beginning her career as a teacher, Danziger taught at the junior high, high school, college levels. She received her Masters Degree in reading and during that time she wrote her first bestselling novel, <b>The Cat Ate My Gymsuit</b>. She returned to teaching, but the success of her book encouraged her to become a full-time writer. It was non-stop for Danziger since then. Among her titles are: the enormously popular <b>Amber Brown</b> books as well as <b>Remember Me To Harold Square</b>, <b>The Divorce Express</b>, and <b>Can You Sue Your Parents For Malpractice?</b> Danziger received numerous honors, including: Parent's Choice Awards, International Reading Association - Children's Book Council Awards, a IRA-CBC Children's Choice Award and many nominations for state reading and library association awards. Known as a flamboyantly funny and deeply honest writer and speaker, Paula Danziger knew how to relate to young readers at their level. She was vital, funny, and compassionate. She knew how kids felt, what made them laugh, what they wore, collected, read, and played with. From collecting novelty toys that would make any teacher cringe, to wearing jangly earrings, funky glasses and shoes covered with beads and sequins, Paula Danziger had a direct line into kids' hearts and funnybones. She will be missed always. In Paula's memory, The Amber Brown Fund has been established to bring authors and illustrators to schools and libraries which otherwise could not afford them. Donations may be sent to The Amber Brown Fund/ SCBWI Museum of Children s Books, 8271 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048.</p></p>
- Author(s)Paula Danziger
- PublisherPutnam Publishing Group,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleMatthew Martin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPutnam Publishing Group,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.