Everyone a Leader: A Grass Roots Model for the New Workplace by Horst Bergmann, Darlene Russ-Eft, Kathleen Hurson (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.48+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionImagine if every employee does what it takes to help his or her organization reach its goals, a place where everyone is a leader. If chaos and confusion come to mind, think again! Spreading leadership and decision-making responsibilities liberates, inspires, and motivates everyone to achieve more and contribute the maximum-making a positive impact on both productivity and business results. Step in, CLIMB(TM) up. Based on a landmark study that involved 2,000 people across 450 organizations, Everyone A Leader explores the critical moments when employees at all levels step forward into leadership roles. The findings are summarized in five key strategies the authors call the CLIMB model of leadership effectiveness: Create a compelling future. Let the customer drive the organization. Involve every mind. Manage work horizontally. Build personal credibility. Each chapter in this breakthrough book brings the CLIMB strategies to life with powerful first person stories and anecdotes that effectively highlight the small, often-overlooked turning points in an organization's daily life. Turning points made possible by grassroots leaders. The CLIMB model's step-by-step tools for grassroots leaders build competencies such as presenting thoughts and ideas, listening proactively, giving recognition, managing priorities, turning conflict into collaboration, identifying and meeting unspoken customer needs, and many, many more. No other book offers such compelling proof that-equipped with proper tools and support-everyone has the potential to be a leader and to make a difference. To remain agile and responsive in today's dynamic global marketplace, successful organizations recognize the critical need for greater flexibility, kwledge, and adaptability across the entire organization. To do so means everyone must learn to be a leader. Everyone A Leader explodes the myth that only people with official titles, big salaries, and high profiles mobilize others to get extraordinary things done. It makes the compelling case-backed by research and inviting anecdotes-that leaders emerge from all levels in all types of organizations...You will learn how to make more of a difference once you've read and applied Everyone A Leader. This stellar book is t only a significant contribution to the field, it's also a rallying cry for all of us to leave a more lasting legacy. -Jim Kouzes, coauthor, The Leadership Challenge and Chairman, Tom Peters Group/Learning Systems. This work skillfully distills hundreds of observed experiences into a five-part strategic model, highlighting those behaviors most likely to produce successful leadership results. Both emerging and experienced leaders ...can learn from Everyone A Leader. It offers a pragmatic roadmap for success! -Major General Garry L. Parks, U.S. Marine Corps. Everyone A Leader is cause for rejoicing. The authors understand the key reality shaping today's organizations: leaders can emerge from anywhere. Their book is an invaluable tool ...full of wise observations and practical advice. -Sally Helgesen, author, The Web of Inclusion. Everyone A Leader is a wonderfully actionable guide for creating a broad, take charge, leadership culture. -Ron Zemke, author, the Kck Your Socks Off Service series. If you want co-workers who are productive, satisfied, and willing to shoulder the responsibility of making your organization stronger, this timely and inspiring nuts-and-bolts account of democratic leadership is for you. -Meena Surie Wilson, PhD, Global Initiatives Group, Center for Creative Leadership. Finally, a leadership book for today's flat, dynamic, team-based organizations ...This is the model. -Todd W. Arld, Vice President, Customer Services, Cinergy Corp.
- Author BiographyHORST BERGMANN is Executive Vice President of Times Mirror and President and CEO of AchieveGlobal, Inc., the world's leading resource for obtaining results through performance skills training and consulting. AchieveGlobal, a division of the Times Mirror Company, works with more than 3,000 organizations worldwide, including most of the Fortune 500. KATHLEEN HURSON is Vice Pres-ident of Research and Development at AchieveGlobal. Darlene Russ-Eft is Director of Research Services at AchieveGlobal.
- Author(s)Darlene Russ-Eft,Horst Bergmann,Kathleen Hurson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/1999
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight582 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.