All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching children to think creatively and critically has never been on the educational agenda and society suffers for it in many ways. The solution is t simply in throwing money at schools, in perpetual reorganisation of the British education system. Hern and his many contributors propose a much more radical approach. A fine collection of essays, both current and historical, examining the social effects and historical substance of education in society.
- Author BiographyMatt Hern is the editor of Everywhere All the Time: A New Deschooling Reader, and the author of Deschooling Our Lives and Field Day. He founded Vancouver's Car-Free Day and is currently director of the Purple Thistle Center for alternative education. He lives in Vancover with his partner and daughter, and lectures widely around the globe.
- PublisherAK Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAK Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width140 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMatt Hern
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.