All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve-year-old Daisy Smith steals a carrot for Jackie Murphy, an Irish barrow-boy, and so begins a love affair which will last for both their lives. Even when Jackie's family leave for Australia, Daisy cant forget her childhood sweetheart - and she determines to follow her love to the ends of the earth, if need be! In Australia they both make their fortunes - Jackie in the opal mines and Daisy through the outback bar she runs with her husband. On his death she returns to England to be with Petal, the illegitimate daughter born out of her love for Jackie. But restless Petal is determined to forsake her East End life for a modelling career in New York. Though Daisy and Jackie are destined never to marry, their various children, like Eve's apples, will spread out across the world to create new lives thousands of miles away from their East End roots.
- Author BiographyLena Kennedy lived all her life in the East End of London and wrote with great energy about the people and times she knew there. She was 67 before her first novel, MAGGIE, was accepted for publication. Since then her bestselling novels have shown her to be among the finest and best loved of contemporary novelists. She died in August 1986.
- Author(s)Lena Kennedy
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight296 g
- Width151 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.