All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades, medicine saw men and women as essentially the same physically except in the area of reproduction. However, a new and groundbreaking science of gender-specific medicine has discovered astonishing distinctions between male and female bodies. From the thickness of our skin to the signs of a heart attack to ways we metabolize drugs, the sexes have significant physiological differences. But, what do these differences mean to you and your doctor?In this groundbreaking book, internationally respected academic physician and lecturer, Dr. Marianne Legato pulls together more than a decade of research into sex-specific health. The result is a powerful tool for anyone interested in the critical nuances in the ways men and women might present symptoms or be treated for disease. It s a book that will t only change the way you think about women s health, it just might save your life.
- Author BiographyMarianne Legato, MD, is director of the new Institute for Gender Specific Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. The Institute is devoted to supporting research on women s health issues and to eliminating gender bias in medical research. Dr. Legato is coauthor of The Female Heart: The Truth About Women and Coronary Artery Disease, the groundbreaking book that dispelled the myth that heart disease is purely a male problem. She is also one of the nation s leading advocates for women s health.Carol Colman is the award-winning author and coauthor of many popular medical books, including The Female Heart, The Lupus Handbook for Women, The Melatonin Miracle, and The Superhormone Promise.
- Author(s)Marianne Legato
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.