Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading: A Professional Development Guide to Phonics by Timothy V. Rasinski, Belinda S. Zimmerman, Nancy D. Padak (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $70.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to collaborate to assess and enhance your current comprehension practices! Literacy experts, Timothy Rasinski and Nancy Padak explore five of the major components essential to creating an effective literacy program and present teachers with friendly tips and strategies to implement at their own school. The new series, Evidence-Based Instruction in Reading is a five part professional development program designed to help teachers meet the literacy instruction guidelines as identified by the National Reading Panel (2000). Each of the five books in the series focuses on one key component: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension and offers recommendations for incorporating appropriate reading materials, fostering productive home-school connections, and promoting a desire for students to learn to read and write throughout the five part series. Making this the perfect professional development resource for teachers in the elementary classroom!
- Author BiographyDr. Timothy Rasinski is a Professor of Education in the Department of Teaching, Leadership, and Curriculum Studies. He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in literacy education. His major interests include working with children who find reading difficult, phonics and reading fluency instruction, and teacher development in literacy education. He has published over 100 articles and 10 books on various aspects of reading education. Dr. Rasinski is past editor of The Reading Teacher and is currently an editor for the Journal of Literacy Research. He has served as president of the College Reading Association and he currently serves on the Board of Directors of the International Reading Association. He earned bachelor degrees in economics and education at the University of Akron and the University of Nebraska at Omaha. His master's degree in special education also comes from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Dr. Rasinski was awarded the Ph.D. from The Ohio State University. Nancy Padak is a Distinguished Professor of Education at Kent State University where she directs the Reading and Writing Center and teaches graduate courses in literacy education and recently received the honor of Kent State University Distinguished Professor. She was a part of the team that wrote the initial grant to fund the state literacy resource center at Kent State University-Ohio Literacy Resource Center (OLRC) and has been a middle school and high school classroom teacher and administrator in a large urban school district. She frequently works with teachers, has written or edited a dozen books and more than 100 scholarly articles. Nancy is a past College Reading Association President and a former Editor of The Reading Teacher. She currently edits the Journal of Literacy Research. Nancy . Nancy has three grown children, Katie, Mike and Matt. Her husband, Gary is Dean of Undergraduate Studies at Kent State. She enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Belinda S. Zimmerman
- Author(s)Belinda S. Zimmerman,Nancy D. Padak,Timothy V. Rasinski
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width191 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.