Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionEvidence-Based Medicine Guidelines fills the demand for a handbook discussing the diagsis and treatment of a wide range of diseases and conditions encountered by health care professionals. The title was first published in Finland by the Finnish Medical Society, where it is w considered to be the single most important support tool for the physicians' decision making in their daily work. What sets EBM Guidelines apart from competing books?The features are: provides physicians with fast and easy access to practice guidelines based on the best available research evidence; covers practically all medical conditions encountered in general practice; developed by over 300 experienced general practitioners and specialists worldwide; includes both diagstic and therapeutic guidelines, and recommendations on diagstic tests and drug dosage; presented in a user-friendly format with self contained chapters based on clinical subjects; clear and concise explanations of all available evidence results in the guideline for treatment; the strength of evidence is graded from A-D making this title a quick and easy reference whenever and wherever you need it; assumes prior kwledge of EBM or statistics - all the work of searching and appraisal has been done for you; seeks to include guidelines where clinical evidence is incomplete or unavailable; and contains full-colour photographs and tables throughout. Easy-to-read and fast support at the point of care - EBM Guidelines : summarises the best available evidence; cochrane reviews; DARE abstracts; Clinical Evidence topics; original articles in medical journals; abstracts in the Health Techlogy Assessment Database; NHS Ecomic Evaluation; evaluates and grades the strength of all individual evidence from A (Strong research-based evidence) to D (No scientific evidence); and suggests guidelines based on clinical evidence. If clinical evidence is inadequate or missing, an expert panel evaluate all other available information and suggests the appropriate guideline With over 1000 problem-orientated or disease-specific guidelines, including reference to evidence summaries for all guidelines, this title is the most extensive collection of guidelines for primary care today.Here are just a few examples of the raving reviews for Evidence-Based Medicine Guidelines : An excellent resource...quick to use, even during consultations...very helpful to check whether our preferred diagstic and therapeutic methods are adequate...competent suggestions based on real evidence... - Heinz Bhend, Primary Care . clinically useful answers...easy-to-read. ..this resource is worth using... - Carl Heneghan, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Oxford, UK, Evidence-based Medicine Journal .
- Author(s)Duodecim Medical Publications
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight3120 g
- Width211 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine60 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.