All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvil Paradises shows us the face of conspicuous consumption gone mad, exploring new developments that are being built from extreme global wealth. Although the case studies - which are drawn from around the world - read like science fiction, they are in fact all real. They include a gilded archipelago of private islands in Dubai and a two million acre private national park owned by Ted Turner. With an introduction by Mike Davis and contributions from Rebecca Solnit, Jon Wiener and others, this collection reveals the dark side of modern capitalism and the current building boom.
- Author BiographyMacArthur fellow <b>Mike Davis</b> is the author of <i>Monster at Our Door</i> and <i>Dead Cities</i> (The New Press), among other books. He lives in San Diego. <b>Daniel Bertrand Monk</b> is the director of the Peace Studies Program at Colgate University and the author of <i>An Aesthetic Occupation</i>. He lives in Hamilton, New York.
- Author(s)Mike Davis
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight420 g
- Width157 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDaniel Bertrand Monk
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.