All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne in the series New Dialogues in Philosophy, edited by Dale Jacquette, Michael Ruse, a leading expert on Charles Darwin, presents a fictional dialogue among characters with sharply contrasting positions regarding the tensions between science and religious belief. Ruse's main characters-an atheist scientist, a skeptical historian and philosopher of science, a relatively liberal female Episcopalian priest, and a Southern Baptist pastor who denies evolution-passionately argue about pressing issues, in a context framed within a television show: 'Science versus God- Who is Winning?' These characters represent the different positions concerning science and religion often held today: evolution versus creation, the implications of Christian beliefs upon techlogical advances in medicine, and the everlasting debate over free will.
- Author BiographyMichael Ruse is Lucyle T. Werkmeister Professor of Philosophy and director of the Program in the History and Philosophy of Science at Florida State University. Ruse has received two honorary doctorates, is a fellow in the Royal Society of Canada, and is a recipient of the John Templeton Book Prize. He is the author of over 25 books, with many on Charles Darwin and related themes, including the widely reviewed Taking Darwin Seriously.
- Author(s)Michael Ruse
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleNew Dialogues in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date31/03/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.