Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Evolution and Religion Under the title, Evolution and Religion, part of this book was published in 1893. The chapters on Evolution have been revised, to the extent necessitated by fresh discovery and the increased kwledge of recent years. The remainder has been treated in a somewhat different manner, and almost entirely rewritten; so that the present volume, Evolution, and its Bearing on Religions, is substantially a new book. The subject of Evolution has been before the world for over two thousand years; but it is only within the last half century that its great and far-reaching consequences have been appreciated. The genius and labours of Darwin shed a great light upon the mind, and created a revolution in thought upon some of the most momentous and serious subjects. It is true that long before his time the theory of gradual development had been accepted by the thinking few; but it was owing to his discoveries that it received wide public recognition, and became incorporated in the body of organised kwledge. Other thinkers had divined the truth that the organic, like the irganic, has arisen from the operation of an all-embracing mechanical law. It was reserved for Darwin to prove it, by discovering the natural law under the operation of which the living world in all its forms has arisen. The powerful interests involved in the ultimate consequences of such views becoming accepted by the public, raised a violent storm of opposition which had an educational effect contrary to that intended and hoped for by the opponents of Evolution. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Arthur J Dadson
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.