All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionWith characteristic intelligence, wit, and a willingness to challenge conventional wisdom, C. Loring Brace brings together 35 years of work into a monumental statement on evolutionary anthropology. An advocate of integrated, four-field anthropology, Brace begins by asking: Which anthropological data can benefit from an evolutionary perspective, and which cant? Succeeding chapters present path-breaking research on Darwinism, race, cladistics, phylogeny, Neanderthals, dentition, craniometry, fossil evidence, and cultural ecology that raise provocative questions for the entire discipline. Reworked and updated into an accessible whole, the chapters weave analyses of scientific data, intellectual history, and anthropological theory with both grace and rigor. Evolution in an Anthropological View will stand as a milestone of twentieth century anthropology, and essential reading for all anthropologists, and their students.
- Author(s)C. Loring Brace
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/02/2000
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width148 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.