All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEvolution of the Storage Brain takes a provocative look at the development of the data storage industry. Written in an entertaining, conversational style, this book provides deep understanding of invations that shaped the data storage world that we live in today. The author recounts his personal experience as transformative events occurred over a 30-plus year period. Techlogies that showed great promise but were ultimately discarded are also described in detail. Delving into the physical and logical aspects of the storage brain, the following topics are discussed: * Disk Drive Evolution * Storage Controllers * Storage Memory * Storage Communications * Storage Efficiency * Storage Virtualization * Storage Intelligence Once the author's assertions are made, history is used as a mechanism to predict the future of data storage. This book is a must-read for anyone working in the data storage industry, or anyone interested in learning how data storage techlogies evolved.
- Author BiographyDuring a 35-year career in the data storage industry, Larry has held various Engineering, Sales and Marketing positions with companies such as Data General, Telex Computer Products, NEC Information Systems, Spectra Logic, and NetApp. A frequent speaker and author, Larry's current role at NetApp is evangelizing and providing clarity around emerging data storage techniques. He maintains a popular blog Ask Dr Dedupe at http: //blogs.netapp.com/drdedupe and is the founder and creator of www.storage-brain.com, an independent website dedicated to the discussion of future evolution in data storage technologies When rest and relaxation are the orders of the day, Larry and his family split their time between Colorado's Front Range and the Maine seacoast. A native New Englander, Larry demonstrates his Yankee roots by designing and building Lobster Trap replica furniture.
- Author(s)Larry Freeman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMichele Hope
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.