All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionEx-Centric Migrations examines cinematic, literary, and musical representations of migrants and migratory trends in the western Mediterranean. Focusing primarily on clandestine sea-crossings, Hakim Abderrezak shows that despite labor and linguistic ties with the colonizer, migrants from the Maghreb (Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia) longer systematically target France as a destination, but instead aspire toward other European countries, tably Spain and Italy. In addition, the author investigates other migratory patterns that entail the repatriation of emigres. His analysis reveals that the films, vels, and songs of Mediterranean artists run contrary to mass media coverage and conservative political discourse, bringing a nuanced vision and expert analysis to the sensationalism and biased reportage of such events as the Mediterranean maritime tragedies.
- Author BiographyHakim Abderrezak is Associate Professor of French and Francophone Studies at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Hakim Abderrezak
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note4 maps, 17 b&w illus.
- Weight536 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.