Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionExamining Levels of Involvement in the Early Years studies the theory and rationale behind using young children's levels of involvement as a tool for enhancing their experiential learning in diverse settings by exploring values, beliefs, ideology, resourcefulness and environmental contexts. Drawing on Laevers' process-oriented Self-evaluation Instrument for Care Settings and the Leuven Involvement Scale for Young Children, this book examines the theoretical constructs that underpin the development of these instruments as well as the practical implications of how and why practitioners may use the scales in their settings. More importantly, it looks at children's deep level learning capabilities and reflects on the engaging possibilities this presents. Using encounters with children and adults from a range of settings, it covers: * connecting levels of involvement with local, national, international and theoretical approaches; * embracing levels of involvement; * involving the environment; * levels of outdoor involvement; * engaging with adult involvement; * nurturing involvement through observation, assessment and planning. Including contributions from experts in the field, this book will be essential reading for students, trainee early years practitioners and all those wanting to continue their professional learning.
- Author BiographyAnnie Woods is a former early years lecturer, programme leader and academic team leader in the education department at Nottingham Trent University, UK. Trained as a forest school leader and a former assistant head teacher, she has also edited two further books: Child-initiated Play and Learning and The Characteristics of Effective Learning, both for Routledge.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnnie Woods
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.