All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of users create and share Excel spreadsheets every day, but few go deeply eugh to learn the techniques that will make their work much easier. There are many ways to take advantage of Excel's advanced capabilities without spending hours on advanced study. Excel Hacks provides more than 130 hacks -- clever tools, tips and techniques -- that will leapfrog your work beyond the ordinary. Now expanded to include Excel 2007, this resourceful, roll-up-your-sleeves guide gives you little kwn backdoor tricks for several Excel versions using different platforms and external applications. Think of this book as a toolbox. When a need arises or a problem occurs, you can simply use the right tool for the job. Hacks are grouped into chapters so you can find what you need quickly, including ways to: * Reduce workbook and worksheet frustration -- manage how users interact with worksheets, find and highlight information, and deal with debris and corruption. * Analyze and manage data -- extend and automate these features, moving beyond the limited tasks they were designed to perform. * Hack names -- learn t only how to name cells and ranges, but also how to create names that adapt to the data in your spreadsheet. * Get the most out of PivotTables -- avoid the problems that make them frustrating and learn how to extend them. * Create customized charts -- tweak and combine Excel's built-in charting capabilities. * Hack formulas and functions -- subjects range from moving formulas around to dealing with datatype issues to improving recalculation time. * Make the most of macros -- including ways to manage them and use them to extend other features. * Use the enhanced capabilities of Microsoft Office 2007 to combine Excel with Word, Access, and Outlook. You can either browse through the book or read it from cover to cover, studying the procedures and scripts to learn more about Excel. However you use it, Excel Hacks will help you increase productivity and give you hours of hacking enjoyment along the way.
- Author BiographyDavid Hawley of Perth, Australia is a professional Microsoft Excel consultant whose company, OzGrid Business Applications, offers services in all aspects of Excel, and VBA for Excel. The company's web site at www.ozgrid.com provides online and email Excel training, a directory of useful Excel add-ins, a user forum, and lots of tips and tricks. Raina Hawley of Perth, Australia is a professional Microsoft Excel consultant whose company, OzGrid Business Applications, offers services in all aspects of Excel, and VBA for Excel. The company's web site at www.ozgrid.com provides online and email Excel training, a directory of useful Excel add-ins, a user forum, and lots of tips and tricks. Raina is also a lecturing team member at West Australian Institute of Management (WAIM) with specific expertise in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet and email.
- Author(s)David Hawley,Raina Hawley
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication03/07/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.