Exceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education by William L. Heward (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $398.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionExceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education has always been known for its innovation, strong research base and accessibility. The tenth edition has all of those strengths, but has a greater focus on highly effective, research-based practices that are described in a very step-by-step, applied manner. Heward presents an informative and responsible introduction to the professional practices, trends, and research that define contemporary special education while also conveying the diversity and excitement of this changing field. The book is for those teachers who will be professionals in the area of special education or those who are working with students that have exceptionalities.
- Author BiographyWilliam Lee Heward is Emeritus Professor of Education at The Ohio State University. He majored in psychology and sociology as an undergraduate at Western Michigan University, earned his doctorate in special education at the University of Massachusetts, and joined the special education faculty at Ohio State in 1975. Bill has served as a Senior Fulbright Lecturer in Special Education in Portugal and Visiting Professor of Psychology at Keio University in Tokyo. Among the many honors he has received are Ohio State University's highest recognition of teaching excellence, the Alumni Association's Distinguished Teaching Award, and the American Psychological Association's Division 25 Fred S. Keller Behavioral Education Award for lifetime achievements in education. Dr. Heward's current research interests include low-tech methods for increasing the effectiveness of group instruction and adaptations of curriculum and instruction that promote the generalization and maintenance of newly learned knowledge and skills. Bill's publications include seven other textbooks and more than 100 journal articles and book chapters. His research has appeared in the field's leading peer-reviewed journals, including Behavioral Disorders, Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities, Exceptional Children, Learning Disabilities Research & Practice, Research in Developmental Disabilities, Teacher Education and Special Education, Teaching Exceptional Children, and The Journal of Special Education. Bill has also written for the popular market. His book Some Are Called Clowns (Crowell, 1974) chronicled his five summers as a pitcher for the Indianapolis Clowns, the last of the barnstorming baseball teams.
- Author(s)William L. Heward
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1518 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed 10th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.