All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Exchange-Traded Funds and the New Dynamics of Investing, Ananth Madhavan examines the quiet transformation of asset management through the rise of passive or index investing. A closely-related phemen is the rise of exchange-traded funds (ETFs). An ETF is an investment vehicle that trades intraday and seeks to replicate the performance of a specific index. ETFs have grown substantially in size, diversity, and market significance in recent years. These trends have generated considerable interest, especially from retail and institutional investors and increasingly from academics, regulators and the press. ETFs have the power to be a disruptive invation to today's asset management industry because many traditional active managers and hedge funds deliver a significant fraction of their active returns via static exposures to factors like value. Indeed, for the first time ever, assets in global ETFs exceeded $3 trillion in 2015, passing the amount in hedge funds.
- Author BiographyAnanth Madhavan is Managing Director and Global Head of Research for iShares, the world's largest provider of exchange-traded funds. Previous positions include the Global Head of Trading Research and Transitions at Barclays Global Investors, and Head of Research at ITG Inc., an electronic brokerage firm. Dr. Madhavan has also had an extensive career as a professor at the University of Southern California and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Ananth N. Madhavan
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFinancial Management Association Survey & Synthesis Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight526 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.