All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides a n-mathematical introduction to electronic excitation in organic molecules and their spectroscopy, photophysics, and photochemistry. Simple qualitative models, such as the perimeter model, are used to describe the nature of electronic states, and this book reveals how these states are probed by spectroscopy with ordinary and polarized light, including natural and magnetic circular dichroism. The concept of potential energy surfaces is emphasized in discussing the photophysical processes and photochemical reactions that follow excitation. Particular attention is paid to the behavior of molecules at biradicaloid geometries and spin-orbit coupling in biradicals. Simple intuitive models for electronic structure and reactivity are emphasized, and practical application of theory is illustrated through numerous worked examples.
- Author(s)Josef Michl,Martin Klessinger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width167 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and improved ed.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.