Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection offers a reappraisal of social policy in response to the scale of the challenges confronting Latin America. Divided into four sections --Concepts, Models and Practice; Health and Social Security; Education; and Household and Community --the book explores the functions of social policy and the prospects of it's performing a new and more dynamic role. The authors place contemporary social policy in historical perspective, study the connection between growth and welfare, and consider the efficacy of the state in the social sphere from both macro and micro perspectives. Underpinning the collection are issues relating to the question of the social contract between state and citizen and how the exercise of citizenship connects society and state.
- Author BiographyChristopher Abel is senior lecturer in Latin American history at University College London, UK, and associate fellow of the Institute of Latin American Studies, University of London, UK. Colin M. Lewis is senior lecturer in Latin American economic history at the London School of Economics & Political Science and associate fellow of the Institute of Latin American Studies, University of London, UK.
- PublisherInstitute for Latin American Studies
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitute for the Study of the Americas
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight44 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher Abel,Colin M. Lewis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.