All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $27.33
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.70
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.48
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $30.23Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.78
- AU $30.01Trending at AU $38.12
About this product
- DescriptionExcursions in World Music is a comprehensive introductory textbook to worldmusic, creating a paramic experience for students by engaging the many cultures around the globe, and highlighting the sheer diversity to be experienced in the world of music. At the same time, the text illustrates the often profound ways through which a deeper exploration of these many different communities can reveal overlaps, shared horizons, and common concerns in spite of and, because of, this very diversity. The new seventh edition introduces five brand new chapters, including chapters by three new contributors on the Middle East, South Asia, and Korea, as well as a new chapter on Latin America along with a new introduction written by Timothy Rommen. General updates have been made to other chapters, replacing visuals and updating charts/statistics. Excursions in World Music remains a favorite among ethmusicologists who want students to explore the in-depth kwledge and scholarship that animates regional studies of world music. A companion website with a new test bank and instructor's manual is available for instructors. Numerous resources are posted for students, including streamed audio listening, interactive quizzes, flashcards, and an interactive map with pinpoints of interest and activities. An ancillary package of a 3-CD set of audio tracks is available for separate purchase. PURCHASING OPTIONS Paperback: 9781138101463 Hardback: 9781138688568 eBook Pack - eBook and mp3 file: 9781315619378* Print Paperback Pack - Book and CD set: 9781138666443 Print Hardback Pack - Book and CD set: 9781138666436 Audio CD: 9781138688032 *See VitalSource.com for various eBook options (mp3 audio compilation t available for separate sale)
- Author BiographyBruno Nettl is Professor Emeritus of Musicology at the University of Illinois School of Music, and recipient of the Charles Homer Haskins Prize (by the American Council of Learned Societies) as a distinguished humanist. Timothy Rommen is Professor of Music and Africana Studies at University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight158 g
- Edited byBruno Nettl,Timothy Rommen
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.