All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcise and practitioner friendly, this bestselling guide has helped put executive skills on the map for school-based clinicians and educators. The book explains how these critical cognitive processes develop and why they play such a key role in children's behavior and school performance. Provided are step-by-step guidelines and many practical tools to promote executive skill development by implementing environmental modifications, individualized instruction, coaching, and whole-class interventions. In a large-size format with convenient lay-flat binding, the book includes more than two dozen reproducible assessment tools, checklists, and planning sheets. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. See also the authors' Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits, which provides instructions and tools for implementing an evidence-based coaching model. Also from Dawson and Guare: an academic planner for students, Smart but Scattered parenting guides, and a self-help guide for adults. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyPeg Dawson, EdD, is a staff psychologist at the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where she works with children and adults. Dr. Dawson is a past president of the New Hampshire Association of School Psychologists, the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and the International School Psychology Association, and a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from NASP. With Richard Guare, she is coauthor of bestselling books for general readers, including Smart but Scattered, Smart but Scattered Teens, and The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success (with a focus on adults). Drs. Dawson and Guare are also coauthors of The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition, and books for professionals including Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition. Richard Guare, PhD, is Director of the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Dr. Guare's research and publications focus on the understanding and treatment of learning and attention difficulties. He is a neuropsychologist and board-certified behavior analyst who frequently consults to schools and agencies. With Peg Dawson, he is coauthor of bestselling books for general readers, including Smart but Scattered, Smart but Scattered Teens, and The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success (with a focus on adults). Drs. Guare and Dawson are also coauthors of The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition, and books for professionals including Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition.
- Author(s)Peg Dawson,Richard Guare
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication09/04/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.