All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExercise Biochemistry describes how, at the molecular level, exercise affects the functioning of humans and animals. Part 1 covers the principles of biochemistry that are then applied in Part 2 to be the excitation of the nervous and muscular system when producing muscular contraction. Exercise modulation of metabolism is discussed in Part 3 and the simple biochemical tests used to assess an athlete's health and performance are described in Part 4. Biochemistry is a difficult, technical and for many an uninteresting subject! However, Mougios does an excellent job of making the information as interesting as possible to students. This textbook offers a combination of all the topics related to exercise biochemistry in one volume, and in addition is user-friendly and written a way that does t alienate students.
- Author BiographyVassilis Mougios, PhD, is an associate professor of exercise biochemistry at the University of Thessaloniki in Greece. A teacher of exercise biochemistry, sport nutrition and ergogenic aspects in sport for 17 years, Mougios served on the Scientific Committee of the 2004 Pre-Olympic Congress. He has co-authored many articles in international scientific journals and has performed research on muscle contraction, exercise metabolism, biochemical assessment of athletes and sport nutrition. Mougios is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Physiological Society, the European College of Sport Science, and the New York Academy of Sciences and Index Copernicus Scientists. He serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Applied Physiology, the British Journal of Sports Medicine, the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Acta Physiologica Scandinavica, Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, and Obesity Research. In his leisure time, he enjoys cycling, hiking and photography.
- Author(s)Vassilis Mougios
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note334 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white halftones
- Weight1175 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.