All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to provide tools for independent study, this book contains student-tested mathematical exercises joined with MATLAB programming exercises. Most chapters open with a review followed by theoretical and programming exercises, with detailed solutions provided for all problems including programs. Many of the MATLAB exercises are presented as Russian dolls: each question improves and completes the previous program and results are provided to validate the intermediate programs. The book offers useful MATLAB commands, advice on tables, vectors, matrices and basic commands for plotting. It contains material on eigenvalues and eigenvectors and important rms of vectors and matrices including perturbation theory; iterative methods for solving nlinear and linear equations; polymial and piecewise polymial interpolation; Bezier curves; approximations of functions and integrals and more. The last two chapters considers ordinary differential equations including two point boundary value problems, and deal with finite difference methods for some partial differential equations. The format is designed to assist students working alone, with concise Review paragraphs, Math Hint foottes on the mathematical aspects of a problem and MATLAB Hint foottes with tips on programming.
- Author BiographyBoth authors have a long experience, at university and engineering school, in teaching numerical methods and numerical analysis. The authors started research collaboration a few years ago. They realized that they had complementary approaches to mathematical research and teaching. They think that combining these approaches gives an interesting perspective for an original book. Tom Lyche has received the Dagstuhl foundation's John Gregory Memorial Award for Outstanding contributions to geometric modeling and is a member of Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. He has published more than 85 papers in leading international journals and refereed proceedings, edited 14 books and is on the editorial board of 4 international journals. Jean-Louis Merrien is active as a researcher on subdivision and has published the book Analyse Numerique avec Matlab , Dunod, Paris 2007.
- Author(s)Jean-Louis Merrien,Tom Lyche
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- Series TitleProblem Books in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 90 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight587 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.