All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of environmental physics requires understanding topics from many di?erent areas of physics as well as comprehension of phy- cal aspects of the world around us. Several excellent textbooks are available covering most aspects of environmental physics and of appli- tions of physics to the natural environment from various points of view. However, while teaching environmental physics to university students, I sorelymissedabookspeci?callydevotedtoexercisesfortheenvironm- tal science student. Thus, the motivation for this book came about as in physics, as well as in many other disciplines, satisfactory kwledge of a subject cant be acquired without practice. Usually students are t familiar with the various areas of physics that are required to describe both the environment and the human impact upon it. At the same time, students need to develop skills in the manipulation of the ideas and c- cepts learned in class. Therefore, this exercise book is addressed to all levels of university students in environmental sciences. Because of the wide range of potential users this book contains both calculus-based and algebra-based problems ranging from very simple to advanced ones. Multiple solutions at di?erent levels are presented for certainproblems-thestudentwhoisjustbeginningtolearncalculuswill bene?t from the comparison of the di?erent methods of solution. The material is also useful for courses in atmospheric physics, environmental aspects of energy generation and transport, groundwater hydrology, soil physics,andoceanphysics,andselectedpartsmayevenbeusedforbasic undergraduate physics courses. This collection of exercises is based on courses taught at the University of Northern British Columbia and at the University of Victoria, Canada.
- Author BiographyValerio Faraoni is currently a Professor in the Physics Department at Bishop's University, Lennoxville, Quebec, Canada.
- Author(s)Valerio Faraoni
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight534 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.