All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a crowded bus at midday, the narrator observes one man accusing ather of jostling him deliberately. When a seat is vacated, the first man takes it. Later, in ather part of town, the man is spotted again, while being advised by a friend to have ather button sewn onto his overcoat. Exercises in Style retells this apparently unremarkable tale ninety-nine times, employing a variety of styles, ranging from sonnet to cockney to mathematical formula. Too funny to be merely a pedantic thesis, this virtuoso set of themes and variations is a linguistic rustremover, a guide to literary forms and a demonstration of imagery and inventiveness.
- Author BiographyRaymond Queneau (1903 - 76) was a poet, novelist, editor, scholar and mathematician. He is best remembered for Exercises in Style and Zazie in the Metro.
- Author(s)Raymond Queneau
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Content Noteill
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byBarbara Wright
- Edition StatementSpecial edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.