Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on outdoor play with three to five year olds, Exercising Muscles and Minds is the bestselling guide to planning for learning outside throughout the year. Challenging the assumption that playing out of doors is an 'optional extra' that happens only on sunny days, it describes how to plan for outdoor play as part of a whole curriculum. In simple, accessible chapters it explains why outdoor play is so important, how to overcome limited access to outdoors, how to prepare an outdoor learning environment and skills for teaching outdoors. Full of case studies and ideas for activities, equipment and resources, this practical guide is full of useful guidance for working outdoors with young children - whether in largest of green areas or the smallest of back yards.
- Author BiographyMarjorie Ouvry has 30 years' experience as a teacher and educator during which time she has taught primary and nursery children, been headteacher of two nursery schools, trained nursery nurses, lectured in child development and been an Ofsted inspector. As an independent early years education consultant, she now supports practitioners from the private, voluntary and maintained sectors in developing their practice. She holds a Master's degree in Education from the University of London.
- Author(s)Marjorie Ouvry
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Children's Bureau Enterprises Ltd
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.