Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe author describes the young and challenging tactical board game Amazons and his mathematical analysis of the game with the means of combinatorial game theory. The main tool of this analysis was the construction of a database of 66 million evaluated Amazons positions. This database was used to gather new statistical insights about exponential complexity of Amazons and to find positions with values heretofore unkwn in Amazons. Among the more spectacular results was the discovery of the existence of *, a nimber, in Amazons and the construction of anAmazons representation for every day dyadic fraction. Both Amazons and combinatorial game Theory are introduced extensively, so that this book should be understandable for anybody with an academic mathematical background or even for mathematical laymen with a strong interest in both Amazons and combinatorial game theory.
- Author BiographyRaymond Georg Snatzke studied Mathematics and Economathematics at the Catholic University of Eichstatt and the University of Augsburg. He works as scientific assistant of the Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena.
- Author(s)Raymond G. Snatzke
- PublisherMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2004
- ImprintMeidenbauer, Martin, Verlagsbuchhandlung GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight470 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.