All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBeverly Serrell presents the reader with excellent guidelines on the process of exhibit label planning, writing, design, and production. One of the museum field's leading consultants and label writers, Serrell has expanded upon her earlier book, Making Exhibit Labels, which has been a standard in the field since its initial publication. Exhibit Labels provides ample information on the art of label writing for diverse audiences, and explores the theoretical and interpretive considerations of placing labels within an exhibition. An examination of the impact of techlogical advances on the label-making process is also included. Exhibit Labels is a vital reference tool for all museum professionals. New up-to-date second edition available April 2015: Exhibit Labels: An Interpretive Approach, Second Edition https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781442249035
- Author BiographyBeverly Serrell brings an unusual range of experience as a museum practitioner to Exhibit Labels: An Interpretive Approach. Since 1979, she has been an exhibit and evaluation consultant with art, history, natural history, and science museums, as well as zoos and aquariums. Before then, she was head of a museum education department for eight years, and had shorter stints as a high school science teacher and a research lab technician. Serrell holds an MA in science teaching in informal settings and a BS in biology. In 1995, she was a guest scholar at The J. Paul Getty Museum. She has been a frequent museum visitor all her life.
- Author(s)Beverly Serrell
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date15/06/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.