Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionExcellence in exhibit development is about thoughtful planning, energetic execution, and a spirit of openness and collaboration. It's t about money. It doesn't require prior expertise, though specialists can be helpful. With creativity, effort, and forethought, even small museums with limited financial resources can breathe life into old exhibits or install thought-provoking and eye-catching new ones. In Exhibit Makeovers, Parman and Flowers use straightforward language, informative sidebars, fill-in-the-blank forms, and helpful illustrations to take readers step-by-step through the exhibit planning process. The workbook offers guidance, ideas, and examples in a way that will be useful for a broad spectrum of users, from the enthusiastic volunteer with academic training to the museum director or professional in need of a practical action plan. To download worksheets from the book, visit Alice Parman's website.
- Author BiographyAlice Parman has served as education department chair at Chicago's Field Museum, director of two museums in Oregon, and planner/writer for an exhibit design firm. An interpretive planning consultant since 2003, she works nationally from her home in Eugene, Oregon. Jeffrey Jane Flowers currently works for the city of Eugene, Oregon as a graphic and exhibit designer and stormwater education specialist.
- Author(s)Alice Parman,Jeffrey Jane Flowers
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/01/2008
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date05/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight281 g
- Width217 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.