All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionExile is a collection of short stories with the tast of a vel. The over-riding theme is the sense of melancholy of those who have been alienated from their homeland, from their families or from society. By offering the reader short, vivid glimpses into other worlds; be they of real or fictional characters, Ilhan builds a patchwork of stories which highlight the lives of the dispossessed. As a woman writing in modern day Turkey, she is t afraid to take on the themes of hour killings or the American occupation of Iraq. All stories are open to her empathy and understanding.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1972, Ciler Ilhan worked as a hotelier, a freelance writer (Bogazici, Time Out Istanbul, etc.) and an editor (Chat, Travel+Leisure) at different periods of her life. Ilhan, based in Istanbul, now works as the public relations manager of the Ciragan Palace Kempinski hotel. In 1993, she received a prestigious youth award for a short story. The award was a tribute to the memory of Yasar Nabi, a leading publisher and writer. Ilhan's stories, essays, book reviews, travel articles and translations into Turkish have been published in a variety of journals and newspaper supplements.
- PrizesWinner of European Union Prize for Literature 2011.
- Author(s)Ciler Ilhan
- PublisherIstros Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIstros Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byAysegul Ates
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.