Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe author chronicles his family's experiences before, during, and after the military dictatorship in Argentina (1976-1983). He uses his diaries, interviews in Latin America and Israel, documents and pictures given to him by his family and friends and studies the works of political scientists, historians and journalists. He begins with his family's history from the time when they immigrated from Tsarist Russia to Argentina in the 19th century. Then, using his family's history as a background, he discusses his life as an exile in Israel and Denmark from 1976 to 1979, his return to Argentina to comply with military service in the Argentine Marine Infantry and his return to Israel in1980. During the Argentine dictatorship thousands of people disappeared . Two million Argentines went into exile. This book makes an important contribution to the collective memory of Argentina and the concept of Never Again.
- Author BiographyEduardo D. Faingold is Associate Professor of Spanish at the University of Tulsa and the author of numerous books, including most recently The Development of Phonology in Spanish and Portuguese and Emigrar despues del Exilio.
- Author(s)Eduardo D. Faingold
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.