All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays is about some of the most fundamental issues connected with metaphysics, theory of values and philosophy of man. In the first part of the book, the author is trying to answer questions concerning both the methodological status of metaphysics and the main subject-matter of metaphysical investigations. He convincingly argues that metaphysics is an indispensable domain of research that may help us to understand the world and what we experience in much better manner. In the next part, the author draws our attention to the problem of existence and the ways we experience it. The question on existence is definitely the central issue of this entire volume, also in the next two parts of the book where the author focuses on values, their origins and status as well as their relationship to human nature. What is particularly intriguing about this collection of essays is its unique and fruitful combination of different methodologies and traditions in one rich and persuasive picture of the most basic philosophical problems.
- Author BiographyWladyslaw Antoni Strozewski, born in Krotoszyn in 1933, studied philosophy at the Catholic University of Lublin (Poland). For many years, he lectured at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow and many other institutions of higher education. After retiring from Jagiellonian University he started conducting seminars at the Academia Ignatianum in Krakow. He is a member of the Polish Academy of Letters and Sciences and the President of the Polish Philosophical Society. As an author he has published eleven books and more than 350 papers, reviews, and notes.
- Author(s)Wladyslaw Strozewski
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- Series TitlePolish Contemporary Philosophy and Philosophical Humanities
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight495 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited bySebastian Tomasz Kolodziejczyk
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.