All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a concrete framework and practical methods for working from an existential perspective, the bestselling Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy is w in its third edition. Central to the book is the belief that many of our problems arise out of the essential paradoxes of human existence, rather than from personal pathology. From this perspective, the purpose of counselling and therapy is t viewed as problem-solving, but as a mean of enabling people to come to terms with living life as it is, with all its inherent contradictions. Emmy van Deurzen, a leading existential philosopher and therapist, presents a practical method of working, using systematic observation, clarification and reflection to help clients rediscover their inner strengths. She shows how personal assumptions, values and talents, once ackwledged, can be turned to constructive use. Using wide-ranging case examples, the author also demonstrates the effectiveness of the existential appoach in many different situations - from crisis work to dealing with chronic unhappiness. The existential approach is a well-respected form of psychotherapy, but most writing on the subject tends to be heavily theoretical. This book offers a practical and accessible alternative, which will be invaluable to those in training as well as to more experienced practitioners.
- Author BiographyEmmy van Deurzen is an international authority on existential therapy, who lectures worldwide and whose work has been translated into many languages. She is the founder and principal of the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling in London and a visiting professor with Middlesex University. She also directs Dilemma Consultancy and the Existential Academy, in London and Sheffield. She was previously the founder and first Dean of the School of Psychotherapy at Regent's College and she was also the first chair of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. It was her initiative in forming the Society for Existential Analysis and its journal Existential Analysis, in 1988, the same year this book was first published, which established the field of existential psychotherapy and counselling in the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Emmy Van Deurzen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Notefigures
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.