All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExistential philosophies are concerned with reflecting on life and the human condition, helping us to think critically and creatively about the challenges of our lives and how best to meet them. This agenda-setting text illustrates how these ideas can be brought to bear on the practice of coaching. Existential Perspectives on Coaching shows how philosophical concepts can be used to illuminate clients' concerns, conflicts and life choices, and illustrates different ways of helping clients to take stock, reconsider their options and find a new path. Bringing together contributions from leading figures in the existential coaching field, the chapters are divided into three parts: * Part I outlines the essential values which underpin the existential approach and provides a clear framework for coaching existentially. * Part II explores the wide variety of settings in which existentially informed coaching can be used, from leadership and career development to life coaching. * Part III demonstrates how existential ideas can be used alongside other coaching approaches, such as NLP, CBT and Attachment Theory. With a clear, practice-focused approach, this text provides a robust foundation for existential coaching and is essential reading for all coaches, trainees, and those interested in the existential approach.
- Author BiographyEMMY VAN DEURZEN Professor of Psychotherapy at Schiller International University, UK, and an Honorary Professor at the University of Sheffield, where she co-directs the Centre for the Study of Conflict and Reconciliation. She directs the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling in London, UK, as well as the Existential Academy Ltd. Emmy founded the Society for Existential Analysis, and co-founded the International Collaborative of Existential Counsellors and Psychotherapists. MONICA HANAWAY Director of The CH Group, Community and Corporate Harmony Ltd., and a practising psychotherapist, coach and mediator. She is a lecturer and supervisor at Regent's College, London, UK, and the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight361 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEmmy Van Deurzen,Monica Hanaway
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.