All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a small book written for readers without an in depth background in philosophy, especially existentialism. It is an examinnation of the interface between Christian meditation and Zen Buddhism. It is contextual, and as of yet I have t included the meditation workshop book that I use when I am giving workshops on Christian Zen meditation. Presently, it is really in the format of an in depth essay. The style is siminlar to one of your publications that had led me to your site i.e Emotion and Psyche, Marc Jackson.I have presented this workshop also on college campuses in the midwest, and it was received well. It helps greatly clarify the nature o af promising and practical dialogue between Christian existentialism and the practice of Zen.
- Author BiographyFather McVey is an Episcopal priest, a Rector, who is well known for preaching, a radion program and lectures on Spirituality. BTh. University of Ottawa Canada, Master of Arts, Wifred Laurier University, Wateloo Ont (masters in sociology of religion). Ordained in the 60s as a Roman Catholic priest, and became an Episcopal priest in the 80s. He worked in the private sector for 25 years primarily in market research, and I taugh marketing in the MBA program at Webster University. I went into fulltime parish work ten years ago, and also do workshops on two main topics i.e. leadership and mystical metaphysics.
- Author(s)William A. McVey
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCircle Books
- Weight127 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.