Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionEXIT 8 provides a much needed look at real life AFTER leaving an abusive relationship. The author, a survivor herself, interviewed 16 women who had escaped or gotten away - and more importantly, STAYED AWAY from batterers, never to be beaten or emotionally abused again. How did they do it? How did these survivors handle anxiety, fear of the batterer's revenge, fear of being alone, fear of new relationships, and problems with their children. How did they manage everyday practical problems like finding a place to live, child custody, police and court issues, and money matters. What solutions did they find most helpful? Readers will learn about the horrifying, yet in some ways, miraculous event that inspired this book. Then, they will be introduced to the 16 long term survivors the author spent over a year interviewing and hear the powerful, heartbreaking and inspiring information they have shared. Related data is also included by rewned domestic violence experts and several recommendations are also included from the survivors themselves. For those who wish to gain an even deeper understanding of this topic, the author also explores information gained through extensive research, from the major psychiatric, social welfare, feminist and sociological perspectives. This is a very valuable book for victims, survivors and their families, as well as for anyone who values n-violence and cares about the future empowerment and well-being of women and children.
- Author BiographyMary Walker Owens, the author of this rare eye-opening study is a proud survivor of domestic violence. She is also a former battered women's hot line counselor and university professor - a mother, educator, writer, fine artist, mentor, victim's advocate and researcher. She has a Master's Degree in Family Sociology and has taught classes in family interaction, sociology of mental health and criminology.
- Author(s)Mary Walker Owens
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.