All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing exclusively on the care of exotic species as pets, EXOTIC ANIMAL CARE AND MANAGEMENT, 2ND EDITION delves into the unique behaviors, diet, housing considerations, handling and restraint methods, medical concerns and clinical procedures related to the proper management of these animals. Reader-friendly and concise, each chapter covers a specific exotic animal commonly found in veterinary practice, including small mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, intervtebrates, alpacas and llamas, miniature pigs and backyard chickens. Also included is an overview of specific concerns and zootic diseases associated with exotic animals so that veterinary technicians are fully prepared to contribute to their care and treatment.
- Author BiographyVicki Judah is a retired Certified Veterinary Technician with more than thirty years of experience in animal care, and a special interest in exotic animal medicine and captive care. The former program director of Companion Animal Science at Utah's Jordan Applied Technology Center, Ms. Judah developed courses in Animal Care and Science, Veterinary Assisting and Technology, Equine Science, Agricultural/Livestock Care and Management, and Aquatics. Now retired, Ms. Judah pursues educational, animal rescue, and writing projects in the United States and Mexico. Kathy Nuttall was most recently the developer and instructor of the Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician Program at the Jordan Applied Technology Center in Utah, and is a Certified Veterinary Technologist. Currently, she is starting a new business educating veterinary professionals, Mountain Edge Veterinary Technology. She belongs to the Colorado Association of Certified Veterinary Technicians, the National Association of Career and Technical Educators, the Utah Association of Career and Technical Educators, the National Educators Association, the Utah Educators Association, and the North American Veterinary Technicians Association. She has received many awards, including Teacher of the Year, CTE Teacher of the Year, and Outstanding HOSA Advisor. Ms. Nuttall completed the state curriculum for Veterinary Assisting in the state of Utah, and obtained her Masters of Agricultural Systems and Education degree in 2013.
- Author(s)Kathy Nuttall,Vicki Judah
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.